Our team had a great visit to the Sunshine Coast Botanical Garden to check out the first phase of improvements at the garden.
In 2016, LEES+Associates was retained by the Sunshine Coast Botanical Garden Society to create a master plan and detailed plans for the Phase 1 improvements.
The Botanical Garden had a series of small openings to keep with physical distancing, so we were thrilled to be part of a very intimate ribbon cutting ceremony.
It was really nice to see all the thinking come to life from our team’s work on this;
– Bench in the ‘welcome plaza’
– Entry signage
– Entry gate (simplified but effective)
– Pedestrian entry gate on ‘welcome plaza’
– Concrete edging on parking lot
– Walking path
– Infiltration edge and planted berm to protect pond
– Grass pave on emergency access lane
It felt the way that we had hoped it would feel when we started this undertaking 4 years ago at the design charrette.