Proposal Writer & Communications Specialist – Full Time
As the Proposal Writer & Communications Specialist you will be the point person for coordinating and ensuring the submission of proposals that are essential to the success of the firm. Starting with proposal coordination, we expect the responsibilities of this position to expand to include an increasing responsibility for complete proposal preparation including creation of written and graphic materials; identifying, evaluating, and making recommendations on proposal requests and opportunities; and assembling the right team to satisfy the project requirements. You will be expected to manage numerous proposals simultaneously of varying complexity and with varying due dates. Your duties may also be expanded to other written and graphic content for marketing materials and reports.
This is a full-time, permanent position located at our main office in Gastown, a short walk from Waterfront Station. Flexibility for working some hours from home may be considered once you are familiar with our firm’s systems, approach, and communications.
Salary to be based on experience and additional skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications, English, Marketing, or another similar field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a professional office environment.
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills. Proposal writing for our firm includes both narrative and technical writing.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign is essential; Proficiency with other Adobe Creative Suite programs is an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills – proposals require project management, coordination with staff and external partners, and tracking multiple moving parts. There is no flexibility on RFP closing dates/times in most cases.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly based on examples provided.
- Ability to build on our existing proposal systems, templates, and processes to improve efficiency.
- A keen eye for graphics and understanding our brand. Our proposals must look good and are produced primarily in Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Clear communication skills demonstrated through written and oral communication with internal staff, subconsultants, partners, procurement staff, potential clients, etc.
- Familiarity with professional design services with an interest in landscape architecture and planning.
- Familiarity with government procurement processes.
- Experience with grant writing.
- Familiarity with contracts and insurance requirements and documentation.
- Additional benefits to our marketing and communications such as:
- Graphic design
- Web design
- Project communications plans
- Marketing and social media strategies and management
- Business development skills
To apply, please send your resume, a writing sample, and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.