LEES+Associates was commissioned by the Sunshine Coast Botanical Garden to create a master plan to guide the next 15 years of garden development. The master plan sets out a phased, high-level design for the forty acre site and detailed design for the first phase of development.
Priorities and possibilities were explored during an intensive design charrette with experts, designers, Sunshine Botanical Garden staff, board members and stakeholders. Building on strong consensus, the master plan design clarifies site circulation and structure, enriches visitor experience and celebrates the importance of culture, people and plants.
Client/Location:Sunshine Coast Botanical Garden Society / Sechelt, BC (2016)
- Phased, high level design for the forty acre site
- Detailed design for the first phase of development
- Intensive design charrette with stakeholders
- Patrick Mooney
Project Related links:
- Sunshine Coast Botanical Garden
- Plans and Developments for a Better Garden – SCBG Spring 2018 Newsletter
- Botanical Garden Closing in on Master Plan – The Local Weekly
- Botanical Garden Society Looks at Major Improvement – Coast Reporter